At the heart of Whiteley Village, set out in an octagon around the monument to our founder, are our 262 one and two-bedroom almshouse cottages, suitable for single people and couples.
This central location means they are all in easy reach of the multiple facilities, services and social opportunities our Village has to offer. The cottages are intended for those who are able to live independently but as residents’ needs change, care and support is available from the Whiteley Support Team and Care at Home Team, to enable them to remain in their home for as long as they are able, and wish to.
Cottages are offered on an unfurnished basis and feature the following:
• Lounge (some of the larger cottages also have a dining area)
• Kitchen, including integrated oven & hob
• Shower and toilet
• Central heating and smoke alarms
• Some cottages contain an oak dresser and other period features *
* These were made for each original cottage on William Whiteley’s instructions, from the trees felled during the construction of the Village.
• Most have a small garden area (size varies from property to property)
• A TV aerial and phone point *
* Residents are responsible for arranging their own services and managing their contracts with providers
The Village has a Property and Estates Team who assist with maintenance and repairs.
There is an out of hours emergency call-out service for emergency repairs and welfare support.