At the heart of Whiteley Village, set out in an octagon around the monument to our founder, are our 262 one and two-bedroom almshouse cottages, suitable for single people and couples.
Their central location means that all are in easy reach of the multiple facilities, services and social opportunities that our Village has to offer. The cottages are intended for those who are able to live independently. However as residents’ needs change, our Support Team and Care at Home Teams we can offer care and support. This will enable them to remain in their home for as long as they are able, and wish to.
Cottages are offered on an unfurnished basis and feature the following:
• Lounge (some of the larger cottages also have a dining area)
• Kitchen, including integrated oven & hob
• Shower and toilet
• Central heating and smoke alarms
• *A selection of cottages contain an oak dresser and other period features
* The dressers were originally made for each cottage on the instruction of William Whiteley. The oak wood was from the felled trees during the construction of the Village.
• The majority have a small garden area. (The size of this varies dependant on the property)
• * A TV aerial and phone point
* Residents are responsible for arranging their own services and managing their contracts with providers
The Village has a Property and Estates Team who can assist with maintenance and repairs.
In addition there is an out of hours emergency call-out service for emergency repairs and welfare support.