Whiteley Village Museum
The museum is run by members of Whiteley’s History Society.
William Whiteley, our Founder and Benefactor
- Photographs and other memorabilia relating to his Department Store in Bayswater.
- Press coverage of his murder in 1907, his funeral and his Will, and the subsequent trial at the Old Bailey of Horace George Raynor.
- Photographs and artefacts illustrating the construction and earliest days of the Village, plus a wonderful collection of original architectural plans and blueprints, many created by the leading exponents of the Arts & Crafts tradition.
- Photographs and other memorabilia recording the visit to Whiteley Village by Their Majesties King George V and Queen Mary, in 1921.
Whiteley Village Residents
- The most important part of Whiteley Village – Villagers past and present.
- (We hope to build an archive of living histories – please get in touch if you’d like to be a part of this project!)
Whiteley’s History Society also offer pre-booked tours to explore the history and architecture of the Village.
For more information or if you would like to visit please contact the General Office: