An ethos of collaboration runs through everything we do at Whiteley. This is represented by the large team of Villagers who volunteer all over the Village, providing friendship and support to their fellow residents.
The Trust employs a Volunteer Co-ordinator who helps support the Villager-led Lend A Hand Scheme. This service links those wanting to provide help to those who require it.
“The Lend A Hand Scheme is designed so Villagers can help other Villagers. This enhances the community feeling in Whiteley Village” – Richard Hickey
A broad range of volunteer opportunities exist including:
- Volunteer Activity Assistants and Befrienders in various locations around the Village
- Volunteer Administrators
- Volunteer Handy Men/Women
- Volunteer Librarians
- Volunteer Drivers
- Volunteer Retail Assistants
- Fundraising Department Event Volunteers
- Volunteer Resident Representatives
- Volunteer Gardeners
- Volunteer Florists
- Volunteer Dog Walkers
Check out our volunteering opportunities, for ideas of how you can help in the Village.